Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Trip


The Trip

The funny thing about flying Lufthansa out of israel is that half the passangers are DOSim that can't eat the food and therefore don't eat the food. Which means more delicious schinken breakfast for the rest of us.
The flight from Tel Aviv to Frankfuhrt is the first time I got to test out my German. "Kaffee bitte.." I was so pleased with my performance that I decided there and then to speak nothing but German for the rest of the trip, seening as i'm so fluent...
Exactly 12 minutes later I quickly reverted to English, not knowing how to ask the gay german flight attendent to take away my food tray.
I landed on some great weather here (see picture). It's sunny and warm, the birds are singing and the turks are shopping. I felt so good about myself for getting around and getting on the right trains, that I accidently stepped off at the wrong subway station. It was the penultimate one, meaning there was just one more stop before the line ended. So there I was, waiting for the next train to take me and my bags just one more stop - where I should have stepped off. Across the tracks there sat 100 germans looking at me sitting alone across from them wondering what this idiot is doing there.
I would have written sooner but the computers here suck.
Thanks, Noa, for the letter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to know u have a blog ach sheli! (mom & dad just told me)
send more pics
love Noa

Anonymous said...

shalom asski ze ima medaberet... rak ivrit . chazarnu harega meturki. hosafnu kol echad 2 kilo lefachot. haya achla kef. ma shlomcha? ma achlta hayom? yesh lechem vgvina ezlecha? love vnechikot gam meaba. tichtov harbe!