I arrived Saturday in Bielefed, directly into the residence that the university organized for me.
As you can see in the map, it's the house closest to the water (the brown thing).
The house is very nice.. owned by an old couple from Poland that have been renting it for 15 years or so. They have several rooms and can accomodate I think 7-8 people.
My room is TINY. It was supposed to be 18 sqm, but it's more like 8 sqm. The apartment is very well-furnished though. There are only too big problems.. well, maybe three:
1. It's very far from the center of the town. Without a car it's very hard to do anything at all. This tiny neighborhood has NO shops and only 1 bus station.
I have to take a bus AND a train to get to the university. I have to take 2 trains and a Taxi to get home after 9PM.
2. There's no internet.. which means that it can get REALLY boring. I could still occupy myself with my PDA though, if it weren't for:
3. My PDA is kaput gegangen... The bloody thing just died on me, along with my GPS programs, dictionary, emails, phone numbers, meetings, notes...
Now I'm at the university, using someone else's internet account..
The university is very different from anything I saw in Israel. I'll post something about it in the next few days, maybe even with pictures. I hope I can get decent internet access here. I might buy a laptop...
I also want to try to find another apartment, preferably In the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment